Director of Family Ministries
Responsible for directing and coordinating a comprehensive and expanding ministry for children and their
1. Provide leadership for the Family Ministry Team (formerly Children’s Ministry Council)
2. Advocate for children as they grow in their knowledge and walk with Christ.
3. Resource parents and create the process for developing volunteers who are committed to shepherding
children preschool to 5th grade and their families.
4. Coordinate Volunteers for preschool to 5th grade Sunday School and select curriculum with volunteers.
5. Engage children and families in worship, for example, Generations Worship Service.
6. Provide leadership and vision in overall ministry planning, organizing, implementing, and evaluating.
7. Serve as bridge between other ministries such as Youth and Small Groups to offer meaningful ways for
spiritual growth and develop a relationship with God and one another.
8. Provide leadership and mentoring.
9. Manage/create effective communication avenues to reach targeted population (digital, social
10. Is Safe Gatherings Certified and oversees the Safe Gatherings policy relative to children and families.
11. Ensure that background checks are completed and on file for all volunteers with children and youth
12. Oversee the rooms/areas where children gather and learn.
13. Advocate for and manage budgeted funding to support family ministry programs
14. The Director of Family Ministries will also maintain relationships with parents, other adults, Youth
Ministries Coordinator, the Pastor, and staff, as they play an important role in the discipleship and
15. Oversees preschool to 5th grade Sunday School, children’s and intergenerational activities, mid-week:
Kingdom Kids VBS, Back to School Bash, and other family events activities as planned.
Meetings: Attends regular Staff Meeting as well as Children’s Ministry Council and Church Council
Hours – Estimated 15 to 20 hours weekly / salaried which include the following:
Accountability: The Director of Family Ministries shall be accountable to the Lead Pastor and SPRC and
will accept guidance from the Pastor and Staff Parish Relations Committee (SPRC)
Familiar with Children’s Ministry.
Experience working with children.
Leadership skills and self-motivated
Click the link below to fill out an application.